Sunday 8 July 2012

Lake District: Day One

Well I got to the campsite around dinner time and just had time to put the tent up before the rain came......phew!

This will be a series of short daily posts with a weather update for anyone looking at heading up to Keswick and the surrounding area this week.

I had a walk around the outdoor shops in Keswick beforehand and was quite disappointed at the lack of legwear stocked for us short legged people. I find I am taller than a lot of people I meet so I wonder who they are catering for.

If the weather forecast can be believed I only need to worry about Tuesday being a bad day. We shall see.

Tomorrow I shall be heading off to Castle Crag early in the morning with a trip to Grasmere in the afternoon. My itinery for the rest of the week will depend on the weather a little but Blencathra and maybe Haystacks are on the cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment